Rasnov ( German: Rosenau; Hungarian: Barcarozsnyo; Transylvanian Saxon dialect: Rusna Latin: Rosnovia) fortress is situated some 15 km from the city of Brasov. On the old Dacian site in 1215 Teutonic knights build the castle on the hill. The citadel was conquered only once in it's history, around the year 1600 by Gabriel Bathory.
From the top of the castle there is a wonderful view of the surrounding area (Piatra Craiului National Park and Sinaia).
Try to get there in winter when everything is frozen and white, only the green pines of the mountains around preserve some kind of color, colors of wild nature.