The city of Tomar belongs to the district of Santarém and is located on the banks of the river Nabão. The city was conquered from the Moors by D. Afonso Henriques in 1147 after being donated by the King to the Templars in 1159.
Tomar is now known not only for its fabulous monuments, among which the Convent of Christ, but also for its tourist potential which provides the visit a number of historic buildings, archaeological relics, walks through its leafy gardens and fresh and also along the river Nabão.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1104)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-04-25
- Categories: Castles
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6
- Exposure: f/6.4, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-28 0:52