Old railway bridge over the River Águeda, and the border between Spain town of La Fregeneda and Portuguese town of Barca de Alva.
Between La Fregeneda and Barca de Alva, stands one of the most beautiful stretches of railroad in the world. Are 17 km of railroad disabled with 20 tunnels and 13 bridges. A fantastic scenery and worthy of a western film.
In 1985 the Spanish side is closed the line Salamanca – La Fregeneda, and in 1988 the Portuguese side ends the row Barca de Alva - Pocinho, getting to old bridge linking the two countries abandoned, the decline of the village has slowly begun to Barca de Alva who lived according to the railway line.
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1129)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-08-30
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: fujifilm finepix S8000fd, Fujinon 18X F2,8 - F4,5
- Exposure: f/4, 1/280 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-05 1:15