The village of Monsaraz as been conquered over the Moors in 1167, as about 89 km2 and 1000 habitants.
For along time this castle-like village as been the sentinel of the Guadiana river, watching the border with Spain.
In the Christmas time usually there are human scale figures that recreates the Nativity of Jesus scene.
In this picture we can see 2 sentinel guards that are located at the main entrace of the village, and a sheppeard with some cattle that is going in the way to see the Newborn .
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
sacavem (18614) 2006-12-30 9:21
Bem vindo ao TE
Bonita foto.gosto da cor e contraste o fundo para lá do arco ficou muito nitido.
Parabéns pela tua 1ª foto,
Nota: poderias ter feito uma nota descritiva acerca do assunto fotografado.
Bom ano 2007.
fserajian (2295) 2007-10-13 6:11
Nice night shot, good capture. TFS
- Copyright: Daniel Cara Nova (Cara) (2059)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-12-15
- Categories: Event
- Camera: Canon 400D (Digital Rebel XTi), Canon 17-40mm F4 L USM, 77mm UV
- Exposure: f/4, 1/15 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Monsaraz, Christmas Nativities in Europe. [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-12-30 7:38