Alcáçovas is a village situated in the immense region Alentejo, belongs to the municipality of Viana do Alentejo, in the District of Évora.
Is a very old village and is situated in an ancient Roman itinerary consists of houses of rural moth painted white with blue stripes around doors and Windows, and owns a vast cultural and historical heritage.
Very interesting is the Museum of the Rattles, who portrays one of the main products made in the parish since ancient times.
In Alcáçovas lies the Monte do Sobral, a secret place of meeting of Captains of April, on the eve of the Portuguese revolution of April 1974.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (880)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-09-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: fujifilm finepix S8000fd, Fujinon 18X F2,8 - F4,5
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/450 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-02-01 1:58