The Lighthouse of Cabo Mondego has a tower 15 meters high, a red copula, and was rated Municipal Property Interest.
This lighthouse is located in Cabo Mondego in Coimbra in Coimbra district.
The lighthouse lies perched on a cliff over the Atlantic in the heart of the Natural Monument of Cabo Mondego, an outcrop of rocks of Jurassic age located on the western edge of the mountain of Boa Viagem. Along the cliffs to the beaches of Cabo Mondego, there is the largest outcropping Jurassic of Europe (140 million years). Classified as Natural Monument since October 2007, the Cabo Mondego enjoys great scientific, pedagogical and didactic value - beyond its geomorphological interest and
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1223)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-04-28
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6
- Exposure: f/6.4, 1/350 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-20 0:29