M-47 Patton tank, on display in the village of Penha Garcia, a village in the municipality of Idanha-a-Nova, district Castelo Branco. It is located in a rocky elevation, and atop his Castle dominates the entire area, in the maze of its narrow and winding streets dominated by the granite houses.
The region is fertile in prehistoric and Roman remains and the village has a good and interesting architectural and cultural heritage
In April 25, 1974 Revolution in Portugal, participated in 5 of these battle tanks M-47 Patton. Arrived to the country in 1952 and were serving as the only Portuguese army heavy armored vehicles until they were withdrawn in 1978. The last were withdrawn from service in the mid-80.
Total of M-47 Patton built: 8676-Manufacturer: Detroit Tank Factory (USA) crew: 5-length: 6,307 M-Including Cannon: 8,508 M-width: 3,016 M-height: 3,352 M empty Weight:-42130Kg.-46170Kg: combat-ready Weight. traction System: Caterpillars-Continental AV1790-5B engine: V-12 power: 810 HP-maximum speed: 48 km/H-speed on uneven ground: 30 Kmh-fuel tank: 875 Liters-maximum: 130 km
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (975)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-25
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6
- Exposure: f/4, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-12-29 1:23