Penha Garcia, is a village in the municipality of Idanha-a-Nova, district Castelo Branco. It is located in a rocky elevation, and atop his Castle dominates the entire area, in the maze of its narrow and winding streets dominated by the granite houses.
The region is fertile in prehistoric and Roman remains and the village has a good and interesting architectural and cultural heritage
Critiques | Translate
ahutchin (9) 2013-08-03 19:08
Great photo. This angle shows very clearly the strategic position of Penha Garcia castle, giving a superb outlook over the surrounding area to those in charge of the security of the reagion. The shape of the crenelations against the blue sky make the picture even more dramatic.
Parabéns, João Correia!
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1331)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-25
- Categories: Castles
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6, Hoya PRO1 Digital Circular PL
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/350 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-12-27 2:33
- Favorites: 1 [view]