The city of Guimarães is located in the valley between Mount Santa Catarina, ie Mount Penha. The top of Mount Penha, is said to be possible to see the Atlantic Ocean.
It is impossible to resist the call of Mount Penha, which offers visitors a rich variety of nature (caves, gazebos, walking) as well as tourism infrastructure rather for fun (mini golf, camping, mini train, equestrian center, picnic areas).
The Sanctuary of Mount Penha is a major pilgrimage center that receives the faithful in large numbers, especially during the summer months.
Visitors and tourists who wish to climb to the top of Mount can be reached by cable car (Teleférico da Penha), the perfect way to transport fully appreciate the beautiful scenery of the valley.
- Copyright: Jean Philippe TUR (tenretin) (490)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-08-22
- Categories: Architecture, Artwork
- Camera: Sony alpha 37, DT 3.5-5.6 / 18-55 SAM
- Exposure: f/13.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-10-14 11:09