The lagoon of Aveiro extends from the inside, parallel to the sea, a distance of 47 km with a maximum width of 11 km, between the municipalities of Ovar And Mira in East-West direction in an area of 11000 hectares, of which 6000 are permanently flooded.
Ria is the result of the retreat of the sea, with the formation of coastal strands that from century. XVI, formed a lagoon that is one of the most important and beautiful hydrographic accidents along the Portuguese coast.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Joao Correia (sogal) (1104)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-04-27
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: FujiFilm FinePix HS20 EXR, Fujinon 30X / 24-700 mm Eq. f.8-6.6
- Exposure: f/6.4, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-07-03 0:59