A member of the basket tobogan runners' association at Monte, fraction of Funchal/Madeira.
According to Wikipedia, "the basket cars or tobogan run remains one of the most popular features of Monte for the visitors. This enables visitors to be transported 2 kilometres (1.2 mi) downhill to Livramento through the streets at fairly high speeds in large wicker baskets, conducted by two drivers wearing the traditional white uniform with straw boaters."
To be honest, I refrained from that run which seemed too much touristical to me.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Sven Erich Czernik (Energysavingelk) (1789)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-08-18
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Canon 5 D Mark II, 24-105mm F/4L IS USM
- Exposure: f/8, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-08-25 3:31