This is shot from the island just off Vila Franco, Sao Miguel, Azores. A 20 minute boat ride takes you there and drops you off to do as much swimming and sun bathing as you like. On any warm sunny day, young brave boys dive from rocky ledges, familys enjoy the shallow depths to the left and young couples find, sometimes not so discreet, places to show their love. The town of Vila Franco is in the background. Behind me is the famous high rock ledge that broke off just this last year during an earth quake.
This image was a composite of two side-by-side Nikon D70 images to form a hi-res 4,796x2044 pixel panorama.
Critiques | Translate
alita (477) 2006-03-22 13:25
nicely composed panorama with good colors,
Galmeida (12559) 2006-03-22 13:36
I'm seeing the continuous flow of pictures at TE in the moment that are sureally many by 5 minutes and I discover you with a excelent picture panoramic view of Azores and S.Miguel Island. First of all my congratulations for this good work assembling post and have sincereally a nice sharing stay here and contribution. I in my last may 2005 take some pictures near here but the weather was very hazzy. Thanks to show us a splendod picture in a great angle and position natire perspective in a quality picture. I will change a link to this post as soon as possible because is a great aditional link to these beautiful Islands. Meanwhile you can see also my posts travelogues in my Portfolio.
All the best to you and great capture composition you did with so excelent quality.
Ramy (773) 2006-03-22 16:02
Hi Bruce, Lovily place! Amazing colors and focus. Great angel as well. Thank you for sharing it, your comment was very useful.
NaturalLand (631) 2006-03-23 5:04
Thanks to wide angle, puts in perspective:
- the typical south coast climate - clouds hanging over the mountains, sunshine in the coast
- a variety of ocean colors that you find only here in the Atlantic coasts of Europe
- the twin soul of the islet, right at the peak of those mountains : http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/photo345378.htm (wide angle too)
- the most symbolic place in the past History of Portugal for the current History of Portugal (see theme)
ruisc_pt (11090) 2006-08-03 16:56
well I'be been "almost" here..
Nice frame ands composition
capthaddock (28790) 2007-06-11 17:17
I still haven't made it to these islands, but they are definitely on my to-do list, very atrractive green and blue coastscape, and flawless stitchwork, not easy with a cloudy sky.
erdaest (0) 2011-11-21 21:14
Love this photograph! Thanks for sharing
- Copyright: Bruce Christianson (PhotoLogic) (211)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2004-08-24
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D 70, AF Nikkor 18-70mm DX, Nikon D70 - JPG
- Exposure: f/11, 1/125 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Quintessential Meridian 25° 26' West, The End of Portugal as a nation [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2006-03-22 13:22
- Favorites: 1 [view]