In the 16th century there was a Gothic count of the Great Crown Marshall - Piotr Wesolowski. Next it was a residence of family Branicki. The court acquired a Renaissance character (1602-1697). In mid-18th century Jan Klemens Branicki rebuilt it again. It was he who transformed the previously existing abode into the magnificent residence of a great noble. Several artists and scientists came to Białystok to take advantage of Branicki's patronage.
Branicki Palace was destroyed by the Nazis. The Poles rebuilt it after World War II as a matter of national pride. The Medical University is housed in the Palace.
Surrounding the Palace are the grounds. The garden front has a terrace raised on columns, which forms a podium for viewing the parterre in the French taste with a main central allée and French sphinxes, and a later "English garden," in the naturalistic taste associated with the English park, surrounding the grounds. The central axis continues to a guest pavilion. Other outbuildings include the Arsenal (1755), Orangery and Italian and Tuscan Pavilions.
Critiques | Translate
icke (4) 2006-06-28 12:10
Your photo has a wonderful sentimental atmosphere. In sunshine each can make good photos. But the challange is to photograph under such circumstances.
stoko (4) 2009-04-03 10:28
Many successful photography ... especially with the rear projection enigmatic plan.Shortly contrast perhaps more.