Parish of St. Rocha established the May 20, 1925, Bishop George Matulewicz.
Bialystok until then had only one parish, as the tsarist government did not allow for the creation of the next, and the city to evolve. The case construction of the church on the hill of St. Rocha, where was the chapel with this dedication, which was built by John Clement Branicki in 1750 appeared to have the intention of Bialystok since the mid-nineteenth century
In 1926, the cemetery chapel was dismantled and erected a temporary chapel. In the same year in the magazine "Architecture and Construction" competition for the design of the temple. Of the more than 70 works by the jury awarded first prize in a project that represented the modernist temple of geometric shapes. The proposal has not found acceptance of the investor and the second stage of the competition, Fr. Abramovich has chosen to implement the project Professor Warsaw University of Technology, Eng. architect Oskar Sosnowski, who previously designed the church in Goniadz him. Parish priest liked the concept of ideological and architectural. Proposed the idea of united church of Our Lady as the "Morning Star" from the Litany of Our Lady of innovative architectural forms. She was to be a monument of gratitude to God for regaining independence.
In 1927, construction work began at the church. In 1935 he completed construction of the dome over the central nave, and the following year came to an end the work in the construction of a 78-foot tower. Until the outbreak of World War II the church was not ready yet.
For the Soviet occupation in 1940 to protect the church from taking a secular, Fr. Abramovich has moved to the parish church was consecrated devotion of Archbishop Romuald Ja³brzykowski 18 VIII 1946, the
Church of Sts. Rocha is one of the most interesting Polish churches in the twentieth century, and scholars increasingly point out that in terms of architecture is one of the most original buildings of the first half of the twentieth century in the world. The church interior was renovated in 1990 and later renovated tower.
Nobody has marked this note useful