The Poznan's Old Market (Stary Rynek), in background: the Old Town Hall.
Poznan's Town Hall (Ratusz) is a historic building in the city of Poznan in western Poland. The town hall was originally constructed as the administrative building of the city founded on the left bank of the Warta in 1253. It was completed around 1300, during the reign of Waclaw II, the king Of Czech, and was first documented in Latin in 1310 as Domus Consulum. It used to serve as the Seat of local government until 1939, and now houses a museum. The town hall was originally built in the late 13th century following the founding of the medieval city in 1253; it was rebuilt in roughly its present-day form, in mannerist style, with an ornate loggia, by Giovanni Battista di Quadro in 1550–1560. The display of mechanical fighting goats, played out daily at noon above the clock on the front wall of the building, is one of the city's main tourist attractions.
PL – renesansowy ratusz poznański.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Olgierd Rozycki (rolesox) (1478)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-27
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D, SIGMA 18-125mm F3.8-5.6 DC OS, Marumi 67 mm UV
- Exposure: f/8, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-04-01 13:08