The Czorsztyn Castle stands at the top of the hill nearby Dunajec. According to Jan D│ugosz, in 1246 the owner of the castle was Piotr Wyd┐ga. However that theory was never after confirmed by other historians, so the beginnings of castle functioning are dated on 14th century. Large development of the castle took place during the reign of Casimir III the Great. In years 1629–1643, when Jan Baranowski was a starosta of Czorsztyn, the castle was fundamentally rebuilt. In 1790 the roof of the castle burnt after a thunder clap. In the result castle was quickly broken down and became empty.
Nobody has marked this note useful