Branicki Palace (Polish: Pałac Branickich) in Białystok, is, together with its park and other buildings, one of the most precious monuments of Polish national culture.Branicki Palace in Białystok, the "Versailles of Podlachia," was built for Count Jan Klemens Branicki, Great Crown Hetman and patron of art and science, raised in the French milieu of the Polish aristocracy, who transformed a previous house (by Tielman van Gameren) into the suitably magnificent residence of a great Polish noble, a rival to Wilanow, making a start in 1726. He also laid out the central part of the town of Bialystok, not a large place in the 18th century, with its triangular market.
With the first Partition of Poland it went to the Prussian Kingdom and, after 1807, to Russia. In the summer of 1920, briefly, the palace was the headquarters of the Provisional Polish Revolutionary Committee. Branicki Palace suffered from bombing and fires caused by the Germans, with damage totaling approximately 70%.It was restored after World War II as a matter of national pride. The Medical University is housed in the Palace.A straight avenue centered on the palace passes across the river on a three-arched bridge across the river, which is confined with deep stone embankment walling, to the large enclosed paved forecourt. The central block has two storeys upon a high arcaded basement story, with a pedimented central block displaying Branicki's coat-of-arms and end pavilions that have squared domes in two tiers (illustration, right). The roofline is an Italianate balustrade that masks a low attic story, and the heroic sculptural group of Atlas crowning all.
Surrounding the Palace are the grounds. The garden front has a terrace raised on columns, which forms a podium for viewing the parterre in the French taste with a main central allée and French sphinxes, and a later "English garden," in the naturalistic taste associated with the English park, surrounding the grounds. The central axis continues to a guest pavilion. Other outbuildings include the Arsenal (1755), Orangery and Italian and Tuscan Pavilions
Branicki's summer residence was at Choroszcz.
Critiques | Translate
Ricx (13495) 2010-03-30 10:48
Hi Pawel, Superb photo, with excellent foreground and detail Good note.. a very interesting place.. TFS Ricx
YASHILNAV (306) 2010-03-30 10:56
Hello dear Pawel!
A beautiful architectural shot in great details and lovely details. Nice colors and lovely DOF.
Indeed a superb shot!
jurek1951 (42196) 2010-03-30 11:17
pieknie prezetuja sie zamki w otoczeniu pieknego ogrodu wyglada troche jak miniaturka Wersalu,pozdrawiam
dta (77972) 2010-03-31 1:22
Hello PAwel ,
A splendid white castle , superbly framed . Colors sharpness and exposure are excellent .
andywo (4725) 2010-04-03 8:27
Piekny widok na Palac Branickich od ogrodu, dobrze skomponowane ujecie, przyjemne kolory. Chetnie zobaczylbym tez ten palac od frontu.
IGU (151) 2011-02-03 13:45
Piękna prezentacja Pałacu Branickich. Zieleń ładnie prezentuje się na tle budynku tworząc wyrazistą całość.
Fis2 (97541) 2011-02-15 13:09
Ladna symetria i perspektywa.
Podoba mi sie kolorystyka.
Lubie takie obiekty.
- Copyright: Pawel Chmur (cloud) (776)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2005-09-04
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon Eos Rebel 300 D, Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di, 67mm Hoya PL Super HMC
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/200 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-03-30 5:22