When - in the early XIX century - the walls of the fortified city were torn down, a park was established at the place where they stod. It's called "Planty".
So, nowadays Cracow Old Town has a nice green ring all around it. It's pleasant to walk there and pay attention to the diversity of styles that are present in its design; depending on the section where you walk, you can notice Classical, Art Nouveau, scenic and romantic elements.
It's a park unique in the scale of the entire country, with various species of trees, shrubs and flowers, plus statues and beautiful ponds and fountains.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
manada (6239) 2007-05-04 11:00
Mi piace moltissimo commentare una foto di cittą in cui ci siano dei lampioni.Trovo che impreziosiscono la foto e la rendono senza etą. Bella luminositą per Cracovia, peccato che gli alberi a destra nascondono l'altra torre...
Buon fine settimana
- Copyright: Giuseppe Maria Galasso (gmg) (4202)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2007-04-26
- Categories: Daily Life, Nature
- Camera: Pentax K100D, Sigma 70-300 f 4,5-5,6 DG, Secure Digital Card, Polarizer
- Exposure: f/11, 1/45 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Cracow and Auschwitz
- Date Submitted: 2007-05-03 16:25