Another shot taken from the train Flamsbana. From Pinnelia you can see the Rallarvegen road with its 21 sharp bends zigzagging up towards the Myrdal Mountain.
Rallarvegen (The Navvy Road) is the name of a construction road in Norway, built from 1902 to 1904 in connection with the construction of the Bergensbanen railline. The road is named after the 'rallar' or navvies, the railway construction workers.
The road is now a popular bicycle road.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Vitaly Bichayev (Vitaly) (997)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-06-28
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ18
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: To Norwegian Fjords
- Date Submitted: 2012-09-17 10:44