Before sunrise at a tulip field, stone throw away from the famous Keukenhof garden. Early tulips for "tourist fun" as they're planted there especially for heart warming views from windmill in Keukenhof and for cyclist/hikers arriving or leaving the garden.
There hasn't been so many tulips this year on normal (production) bulb fields, unfortunately.
For me it was the first time ever (in my 7th spring in Netherlands) that I was blessed with windless, misty weather at sunrise. Normally I shoot sunrise at tulip fields 5-6 times a year and 90% of times I got (very) strong wind. The remaining 10% is rain, obviously ;)
The photo is made with a 3-stop Reverse ND filter. Quite a lot for this kind of scenery, but I like how the yellow flowers jump out against the sky. As for saturation - it obviously is up to my taste. Truth being said with this lens and filters I didn't need to do much more with Lightroom sliders...
Critiques | Translate
fds (8846) 2014-04-28 2:42
Dear friend very beautiful picture with fantastic Yellow tulips under the very suggestive Sky
Great i Licke very much
williewhistler (15571) 2014-04-28 3:16
fine photography skills with good use being made of your ND filter and tripod to get the exposure just right for this attractive scene.
baclama (18525) 2014-04-28 11:09
un superbe ciel pour ces champs infinis de tulipes....
j'aime egalement la silhouette de la ville au fond..
Noel_Byrne (27418) 2014-04-28 13:04
It seems the sky is envious of the neat lines of flowers, and is trying to replicate them with its own subtle colors and hues. Really attractive colors all across your scene, and a stunning sensation of depth too. Great image, thanks for sharing.
All the best
- Copyright: Bartek Rozanski (akustyk) (3923)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2014-04-03
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: CANON EOS 6D, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L, Hitech ND Grad 0.9 Reverse
- Exposure: f/11, 4 seconds
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2014-04-28 2:37