Last week I went to my parents; because I was early I thought "let's have some youthsentiment".
When I was young the locks in the Julianacanal were a big attraction, espessialy the old lock (1930) where the door/gate was lifted. The heightdifference here is 11,35 metres. In the 1960 a new, double lock, was opened. In the near future one of the locks will be lengthened till 225 metres.
Although forbidden, I went down a pair of stairs to the 'groundlevel'. Here we see the power/pressure of more than 11 metres of water on both sides of the huge doors.
- Copyright: Henri Tops (tpstrek) (2168)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-10-30
- Camera: Sony Alpha DSLR A300
- Exposure: f/4, 1/8 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Water management in Netherands [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2008-11-05 12:10