This photo was taken after mass at the Co-Cathedral of St John the Baptist. There was incense burning and this gave the church a moody quality.
To improve the photo I:
- added hue (red and green channels);
- darkened and added contrast;
- used the "sharpen" effect.
I believe this has resulted in a much improved photograph.
Note that after some very helpful suggestions I have workshopped the photo a little. See this link: http://www.trekearth.com/images/photos/3556/st_john_cathedral_interior.jpg
Due to the absence of light, and of a tripod, I sat the camera on a chair. Fortunately because of the layout of the church - chairs and no pews - made this easier than usual.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Antoine Pace (antoinep) (167)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 1998-09-07
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Ricoh Mirai, 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 Ø72, Hoya UV
- Exposure: 1/15 seconds
- Photo Version: Final Version, Original Version
- Theme(s): Cathedrals of the world [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2004-03-11 5:02