The church was established in 1624, however, the present building was built at the end of the 17th – 18th century.
In Soviet times it was planned to have it pulled down, it is dreadfully neglected. In 1992 the church was returned to the Catholic Church.
The picture of the Mother of God, Mother of Mercy (Lukiškių Mother of God), which since the 18th century has been regarded to have miracle-working powers, was also returned to the Church.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: rimantas kisielius (rimas) (173)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-03-07
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Canon EOS 300D, Sigma 18-125mm / 3.5-5.6
- Exposure: f/6.3, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-05-31 6:11