Kuršių nerija (Curonian Spit) is a 98 km long narrow spit of sand dunes between Baltic Sea and Curonian lagoon. It's possible the highest coastal sand dunes in Europe, some up to 67 meters high. More information about geology of the area is available in Kursiu Nerija National Park website.
The whole Curonian Spit is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2000.
Seen here is 57 meters high Parnidis Dune, located south of Nida town. It's the most accessible and most visited dune in the whole national park.
Photo taken at 8:03 in the morning, facing south.
Camera settings: AV mode, ISO-200, 33 mm zoom
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Linas Kardasevicius (linask) (2930)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-05-30
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Canon EF-S 17-85 f/4.0-5.6 IS USM, Hoya 67mm PL-CIR
- Exposure: f/8, 1/200 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-06-23 11:36
- Favorites: 1 [view]