Trakai Island Castle is located on an island in Lake Galvė. The castle was built in 14th and 15th centuries by Kęstutis and his son Vytautas the Great. Trakai was the centre of power of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
Since Trakai is only 30 kms SW of the capital Vilnius it is a main destination of excursion. It's situation in a landscape of several lakes makes it very attractive for leisure activities in summer.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roland Parton (ahmet54) (2985)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-09-18
- Categories: Castles
- Camera: Canon Powershot SX10 is
- Exposure: f/4, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-25 2:50