Where do you think you are going?
What is with all the cows in Ventspils? Funny cow sculptures everywhere. This crazy cow is trying to climb a pole near the port. This is not the way to jump over the moon.
It seems that in 2002, Ventspils was the first European town to host the Cow Parade. Life size cows are painted in garish colours to raise money for charity. I guess this inspired a cow art movement that lends a whimsical air to what was just another industrial port town.
A stop on Peter's Paragliding Nomadness trip, I found Ventspils charming. There is a wonderful small Livonian castle with a museum, a pleasant park by the port, and free WiFi in the centre of town. Made me feel very happy and very welcome. Thank you Ventspils.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Peter Jennings (Geo) (1243)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-06-06
- Categories: Festivals, Humorous, Artwork
- Camera: Panasonic DMC-TZ3
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Peter's Paragliding Nomadness
- Date Submitted: 2008-08-01 6:14