With our cruise ship docked for the day in Riga, Latvia, my wife and I decided to see the city by tour boat - around the canals of the Old Town and down the river Daugava upon which Riga's port sat. As we motored past our own cruise ship, I spotted this statue at water's edge, a tribute to Riga's Viking and Hanseatic past. The contrast with the ship behind it and dwarfing it caught my eye.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Miguel82 (27648) 2012-06-27 18:50
A beautiful statue
Sharp picture and excellent colors
Oceania (5202) 2012-06-28 6:56
This is the first time I see a picture from Latvia.
Thanks for sharing
jmdias (67157) 2012-07-10 17:39
nice idea to use the boat like a background. the shapes of this monument are very beautiful and interesting. perfect compo. TFS.
- Copyright: Andrew Lipsett (ACL1978) (7511)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-07-20
- Categories: Transportation, Artwork
- Exposure: f/5.9, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Statues and Sculpture [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-06-27 15:31