The gondola is a traditional, flat-bottomed Venetian rowing boat, well suited to the conditions of the Venetian lagoon. For centuries gondolas were the chief means of transportation and most common watercraft within Venice. In modern times the iconic boats still have a role in public transport in the city, serving as traghetti (ferries) over the Grand Canal. They are also used in special regattas (rowing races) held amongst gondoliers. The gondola is propelled like punting, except an oar is used instead of a pole. Their primary role today, however, is to carry tourists on rides at fixed rates. from wikipedia
Critiques | Translate
npecanhuk (75056) 2013-02-23 13:13
I really like this one! It's beautiful!
Special regards to the choice for black & white, exposure, vertical format and composition!
TFS - congrats,
- Copyright: Feyza Ramazanoglu (FYZRMZ) (1058)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-02-08
- Categories: Daily Life, Transportation
- Camera: Nikon D7000, Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/320 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-02-20 10:59