Photos

Photographer's Note

PLAZA NAVONA - FUENTE DE NEPTUNO - DETALLE Y VIDA COTIDIANA.


La Plaza Navona (Piazza Navona en italiano) es una de las plazas más famosas de Roma y de todo el mundo por la belleza de las obras de arte presentes en la misma.

La plaza sigue el trazado de un antiguo estadio, el Stadium de Domiciano, del siglo I, cuando los romanos iban a él a ver los agones («juegos»). Se le conocía como Circus Agonalis. Se cree que con el tiempo el nombre cambió de in agone a navone y con el tiempo a navona. Se estima que tenía capacidad para 30.000 espectadores y aún pueden verse algunos restos de la antigua estructura al norte de la plaza.

La plaza Navona pertenece a la etapa barroca romana, concretamente del papado de Inocencio X. Tiene creaciones escultóricas y arquitectónicas, como las bellas fuentes de Gian Lorenzo Bernini. La más importante de ellas es la que se encuentra en el centro: la Fuente de los Cuatro Ríos (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) de 1651; representa los cuatro grandes ríos del mundo conocido por entonces.

La plaza Navona contiene otras dos fuentes esculpidas por Giacomo della Porta — la Fontana di Nettuno (1574), ubicada en la zona norte de la plaza Navona, y la Fontana del Moro (1576), ubicada en el extremo sur.


----------------------------------------------------

PIAZZA NAVONA - FOUNTAIN OF NEPTUNE - DETAILS AND EVERYDAY LIFE.


Navona Square (Piazza Navona in Italian) is one of the most famous squares in Rome and around the world for the beauty of art present in it.

The square follows the route of an old stadium, the Stadium of Domitian, the first century when the Romans went to him to see the dying ("games"). He was known as Circus Agonalis. It is believed that over time the name changed in agone to Navone and eventually to Navona. It is estimated that had the capacity for 30,000 spectators and can still see some remnants of the old structure to the north of the square.

Piazza Navona is part of the Roman Baroque period, specifically the papacy of Innocent X. It has sculptural and architectural creations, such as the beautiful fountains of Gian Lorenzo Bernini. The most important of these is located in the center: the Fountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana dei Quattro Fiumi) of 1651, representing the four great rivers of the known world by then.

Piazza Navona contains two fountains sculpted by Giacomo della Porta - the Fontana di Nettuno (1574), located in the north of the Piazza Navona and the Fontana del Moro (1576), located at the southern end.

Leconte, Budapestman, Clementi has marked this note useful

Photo Information
Viewed: 2217
Points: 18
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by carlos marin (carlosmarin) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 1050 W: 5 N: 1888] (11954)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH