I took this photo of the Roman Coliseum during my last night in Rome last summer (Aug. 23, 2009).
The light trails in the foreground are from cars driving by. Seeing modern cars in front of the two-thousand-year old monument gives a surrealistic dimension to the scene.
This photo was taken with the following settings:
- Camera: Nikon D60
- Lens: AF-S DX VR Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G at 18.0mm
- Speed: 128.2s
- Aperture: f/22
- ISO 100
Critiques | Translate
cak (4895) 2010-01-05 17:09
wide angle super night scene for Coliseum
belido (19934) 2010-01-06 2:19
this is classical and your composition was well executed. The shutter speed was well chosen and the effect of the lights are really interesting. Very fine exposure as well. Great job!
- Copyright: Jean Sebastien Marier (climbing) (68)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-08-23
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D60, AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3,5-5,6G VR
- Exposure: f/22
- Details: Tripod: Yes
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-01-05 15:36