A lute player busking in Venice.
His 16-string lute is a modern example of an old design, the French Baroque lute or double-headed lute.
This type of neck, with a bent back head for the main strings and a straight extension for the bass strings (some of which are not fretted), was known as the French theorbe.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Dave Fisher (dabeed) (568)
- Genre: People
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-09-27
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Nikon D90, Nikon Nikkor AF-S 18-70mm f3.5-4.5G ED-I, Tiffen 72mm UV
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/100 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2013-09-06 8:27