Photos

Photographer's Note

To mt. 667 of altitude. Wonderful panorama has one. Sure the valley dwellers of the Val di Narco settled down themselves here, when their incolumità was put in danger from the passage of armies, sure after the 890, when there were the saraceni. In century XII, like the other castles of the Valnerina, small community with seed-independent Spoleto from Spoleto was one, with own Statutos, which the dominant city gave the podestà. The written Statutos are of 1460, of which conserve only a part of the book of the Malefizi to the archives of State of Spoleto. Pergamenaceo, Latin, writing gotica ancient, acephalous document until p.7 rubr.7 numbered until paper 32, which they follow other hands until p. 60 (late numeration) for the additions and approvals. The titles them are in red, the text in black, the rub.103, with matters without division (often illeggibile). The podestà was sended from Spoleto and the community was straight from a local vicario, helped from the notary public and the camerario. The deliberations came taken from the general council and executed from cernita (the committee). It was little common independent and norms to austere. Many the festivity. The castle is still closed from the girone, that is from walls; it is approached to you for a double door and it is reached on the little square, where the civil and religious life of the country happened, the city woven one, in great part restored, introduces remarkable architectonic elements of elevated pregio. Interesting is the double door of access with restored covered space of recent, old hinge between inhabited the medioevale one and the more modern constructions parochial fate around to of Saint Assumed Maria. Neighbor was the fortress of Spoleto, of century XII, hour passing. Case lived one secular calm life, substantially faithful to Spoleto. In 1241 it was of Federico II. In 1248 it returned to Spoleto. It did not make part of the federation of the rebellious castles to Spoleto in 1338. In 1368 it is listed between the castles of the district spoletino. It had discords with the community of Sant' Anatolia in 1333. In fact that year the Angioini of the reign of Naples was sconfinati, in order to steal, towards Case; they were capacities to Sant' Anatolia arches and valuables to you: those of Sant' Anatolia seem that of they had made preda and were one cause near the ducale court. In the 1522 one formed an alliance with the rebellious castles to Spoleto, without happening. During the French republic of 1798, Case endured the invasion of Rebelling and the bandit to the continuation. With the Restoration it had a mayor just, under gonfaloniere of Spoleto. The little commun it lasted until 1895, when died and the territory aggregate to Sant' Anatolia. The church of Assumed Maria (already Saint Cristina, as it is written on the lunetta) is of century XIII. In the 1250 a monastery of Clarisse was annexed. The apse is decorated from Pierino Casarei: incoronation between angels; Sant' Antonio Abbot and the Batiste: low apostles (1595). The country had a hostel for walkers and the frumentario Mount. In the church of Cristina Saint, of Romanesque origins, there are painting rests of the Brunotti and of Domenico from Leonessa, a cycle of frescoes with history of the Vergine painted in the 1595 from Caesarean Pierino painter, beyond to four seicentesche burlaps of the lateral altars. To the inside of the castle there is the ancient Oratory of Saint Giovanni Batiste, transformed in wine cellar of the parochial house, than conserve remarkable it frescoes of XV the century. In bottom to the country, near it it puts into effect them cemetary, one finds the Sanctuary of the Madonna of Thanks risen like widening of a rustic newspaper stand of XV the century as a result of the miraculous apparition, to a child of the place, the Madonna to horse. The inside of the church is frescoed with former-ballot going back for the greater part to century XVI to work of Giovanni Spain and its school (Little far away sees WS) from the country, on the road of Gavelli, rises the rustic Romanesque church of Cristina Saint. Also the inside of this church completely is frescoed from going back former-ballots to centuries XIV°-XVI° (sees WS) and representing It knows protecting and Biblical scenes to you, according to the simple popular language.

Photo Information
Viewed: 1257
Points: 39
Discussions
Additional Photos by Silvio Sorcini (Silvio1953) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Star Workshop Editor/Gold Note Writer [C: 9271 W: 132 N: 17815] (115945)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH