I liked the different shades of brown and pink on the buildings in this shot, as well as the hill, showing how much of a hill Siena really is built on (in fact, it is built on seven hills, like Rome, and according to legend was founded by Sienus, a son of Remus). The tower in the background is the city hall tower, from which this shot was taken.
Note also the small white circular plaque at the far right; this is in fact a terracotta crucifix inset into the wall. You see this kind of thing everywhere in Italy.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Roger Lipsett (rogerl) (1526)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-03-15
- Categories: Daily Life, Architecture
- Camera: Nikon D5100, AF-S NIKKOR 35mm 1:1.8G
- Exposure: f/4, 1/4000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Your favorites [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-04-05 5:27
- Favorites: 1 [view]