Table set for dinner on the terrace! Summer evening in the Crete Senesi!
Crete senesi are literally ‘Senese clays’, and the distinctive grey colouration of the soil gives the landscape an appearance often described as lunar. This characteristic clay, known as mattaione, represents the sediments of the Pliocene sea which covered the area between 2.5 and 4.5 million years ago.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (4310)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-07-12
- Categories: Daily Life, Food, Nature
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/2.7, 1/500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Giro d'Italia
- Date Submitted: 2014-05-12 10:00