Photos

Photographer's Note

La Venaria Reale ( Piedmont l in Castel ' dla Venaria ) is one of the Savoy Residences serial site belongs to the UNESCO World Heritage List since 1997. Probably the biggest size .

The Reggia di Venaria was designed and built in a few years (1658 - 1679) designed by the architect Amedeo di Castellamonte. A commissionarla was the Duke Carlo Emanuele II, who wanted to make it the basis for hunting on the heath hill of Turin.

The same name in Latin of the palace, Venatio Director, is the fact derive from the royal hunting .

The set of buildings that make up the complex , huge when you consider the extension ( 80,000 m of usable floor ) includes the park and the historic village of Venaria , constructed so as to form a sort of collar that recalls directly the Santissima Annunziata , a symbol of the house of Savoy.

At the village joined many houses and palaces of workers and ordinary citizens who wanted to live in the vicinity of the palace, to make Venaria Reale, an independent municipality of the province of Turin.

The choice of the site, at the foot of the Valli di Lanzo , was favored by the proximity of these extensive forests of the Great country, rich in wild game : a territory that stretches for hundreds of miles to the Alpine mountains , reaching to the south and east in the vicinity of the capital.

In 2011 it was visited by 951 317 people , making it the fifth most visited museum site Italian.
(Wi)

elenimavrandoni, williamcoombs1 has marked this note useful

Photo Information
  • Copyright: Simona Travaglini (SimoAle) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 52 W: 0 N: 78] (618)
  • Genre: Places
  • Medium: Color
  • Date Taken: 2014-04-29
  • Categories: Castles
  • Exposure: f/3.0, 1/2000 seconds
  • More Photo Info: view
  • Photo Version: Original Version
  • Date Submitted: 2014-05-05 9:05
Viewed: 245
Points: 14
Discussions
  • None
Additional Photos by Simona Travaglini (SimoAle) Gold Star Critiquer/Gold Note Writer [C: 52 W: 0 N: 78] (618)
View More Pictures
explore TREKEARTH