Around the corner from Portofino, a short boat trip around land's end away, lies the abbey of San Fruttuoso. Wrapped in between hills and sea at the Golfo Paradiso, it seems to be hiding from the rest of the world successfully. You can only reach it by boat, or by foot through one of the hiking trails.
Inside the small chapel of the San Fruttuoso abbey, you can find this statue of the Cristo degli Abissi. He is easier to find but less famous than his twin brother: a similar statue has been submerged in the bay's deeper waters, as a tribute to Italian diver Dario Gonzatti who died in the bay in 1947.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Rutger Siskens (Ruggi) (47)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-09-25
- Categories: Artwork
- Exposure: f/3.3, 1/4 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Colourful Riviera [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2012-04-08 12:27