The Quattro Fontane (the four fountains) is a group of late Renaissance fountains located at the intersection of the Via delle Quattro Fontane and the Via del Quirinale. They were commissioned by Pope Sixtus V, and were installed in this difficult space between 1588 and 1593. The four figures represent the Tiber river, the Arno river, the goddess Diana and the goddess Juno, designed by Pietro da Cortona. The nearby church of San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane by Francesco Borromini is named for them.
Nobody has marked this note useful