This is the Victor Emanuel II monument on Rome's Piazza Venezia. It was build around the beginning of the previous century and it is about 500m from the Colosseum. Inside is the free Risorgimento museum which consists of a collection about the unification of Italy.
Halfway at the back of the builing on the south-east is a bistro which looks out on the Colosseum and Roman Forum. You can take the elevator to the top (70m, 7 EUR), which provides you with an overview of the city. From there you can see: Colosseum, Pantheon, Vatican city and Piazza del Poppolo.
FlashEarth: 41.896003 12.48249
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Gilbert Sopakuwa (startacked) (1371)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-03-11
- Categories: Daily Life
- Camera: Pentax K5, Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di II LD
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/2500 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-24 5:26