Mueums of Vatican, stairs called "of Bramante".
Attributed to Donato Bramante, their actually the work of Giuseppe Momo who drawn them in 1932.
They're a double helix stairs : 2 stairs which never cross, one to go upstairs, one to go downstairs. Then nobody can meet someone who go in the opposite direction.
But nowadays they're used only to go downstairs, to allow the visitors to get out from the museums.
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
mesutilgim (97484) 2012-09-11 13:14
Veyr nice capture with perfect geometry and great effect.
As they are not much colors on it, I would recommend also to try a b&w version.
TFS and best regards
- Copyright: Yannis Bautrait (yaya13baut) (3344)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2012-08-27
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K5, Tamron 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 XR Di II
- Exposure: f/7.1, 1/400 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2012-09-11 12:48