The Battle of Doberḍ was one of the bloodiest battlefields of World War I where thousands of Hungarian soldiers died fighting on the Austro-Hungarian side. A small chapel in Visintini (municipality of Doberḍ del Lago) commemorates them.
A chapel was built here right after the battle in 1916 by the surviving soldiers, but the present chapel was sanctified in 2009.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Marton Ocskay (ocskaymarci) (2668)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2012-07-28
- Categories: Architecture
- Camera: Pentax K200D, Pentax DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AL II, Sigma WIDE C-PL 52mm DG
- Exposure: f/4, 1/50 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Rome by Bike 2012
- Date Submitted: 2012-12-27 13:44