This is the apodyterium or men's changing rooms at the Forum baths. This one doesn't seem to feature niches or shelves where clothing was stored, unlike some of the other rooms in this complex, but the holes in the walls suggest that some type of shelving was originally used.
The Forum Baths were one of a few bathing complexes in the town, which included the Central Baths, the Stabian Baths and this one near the forum; this complex was the smallest but probably the most sumptuously decorated. It was built not long after Sulla's colony was established in 80 BC (the town of Pompeii is itself much older). It was largely funded by prominent individuals according to surviving inscriptions. Because of the devastation wrought by an earthquake 17 years before the eruption which ultimately destroyed Pompeii, the Forum Bath was the only one still functioning in 79 AD. This complex occupies an entire insula (block) and is located at the intersection of the Via del Foro and the Via di Nola. It was excavated in 1823, and is very well-preserved. There were two sections, one for men and the other for women; rooms featured hot, warm and cold baths. The calidarium, used for steam baths, was heated by a complex system of double walls which conveyed steam from the furnace. There were also toilet facilities and an exercise yard (for men). This impressive complex is one of the most popular spots at the ruins of Pompeii.
Nobody has marked this note useful