Arriving at the site of Pompeii in the rain.
Located near Naples at the foot of Vesuvius, the city was founded in the sixth century BC. AD and completely buried in 79 with Herculaneum, Stabia and Oplontis during a Plinian eruption (that is to say, level 5) of the volcano. The eruption created a protective sheath on the site and caused the neglect of the city for 1600 years.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Andre Duret (abitibien) (504)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2009-10-18
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Canon EOS 400D Rebel XTi, Sigma 18-200 DC OS f/3.5-6.3, 4 GB CF card, 72 mm UV HOYA
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/60 seconds
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-06-14 6:41