There are many murals to be seen in the ruins of Herculaneum (Ercolano). They managed to escape the devastation wrought against them by the eruption of Vesuvius in 79AD, and offer some interesting insights into the lives of the people who lived, and died, in the town.
This painting in particular caught my eye, as the face seems to be hanging on through the centuries desperate to let others know what the inhabitants went through during those desperate days.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Richard Cooper Knight (cooperknights) (394)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-12-05
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Cannon EOS 400D, Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 II, 58mm Hoya UV
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/60 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-02-08 7:54