The College of the Augustales offers one of the best preserved frescos in the whole of Herculaneum (Ercolano).
The rich colours have survived for more than 1900 years and still look as if there were painted only a matter of years ago.
The slight barrelling effect is due to the fact that this image is comprised of three knitted together within Photoshop.
- Copyright: Richard Cooper Knight (cooperknights) (394)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2008-12-05
- Categories: Ruins
- Camera: Cannon EOS 400D, Canon 18-55mm EF-S f/3.5-5.6 II, 58mm Hoya Circular Polarizer
- Exposure: f/5.6, 1/30 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2009-01-17 7:54