Old Abandoned house on the road Örlygshafnarvegur (65.571218, -24.067093 about 8 minutes before the Hnjotur Museum on the way to Breiðavík and Látrabjarg in the West Fjords.
I could not find any history for this house.
The house faces Patreksfjörður (the fjord). The town of the same name is on the opposite shore.
It is named after Saint Patrick, a bishop from the Scottish islands who acted as spiritual adviser to one of the region’s first settlers, Örlygur Hrappson. It is the main town for this area.
B&W Processed in LR4.
Critiques | Translate
snunney (79521) 2014-06-05 3:59
An image that blends drama with a certain amount of poignancy. Well composed and nicely presented with a fine range of tones and excellent clarity.
carlo62 (27534) 2014-06-05 5:58
originale, ma vincente scelta del b&w, veramente un bel risultato, non avrei mai pensato di proporla in questa versione.
- Copyright: Trevor Moffiet (trevormoffiet) (2414)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2013-07-04
- Categories: Architecture, Ruins
- Camera: Olympus OMD EM5, Olympus M Zuiko 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3
- Exposure: f/10.0, 1/50 seconds
- Map: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Travelogue: Iceland
- Theme(s): Black & White [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2014-06-05 3:27