One of the many geothermal hot-spots around Iceland. This one is located about 30 minutes from the Keflavik airport, and is one of the few to feature marked walkways and raised platforms.
Every year there are people who ignore the warnings and step into steam fissures in the ground, and end up with 3rd degree burns to prove that they were there!
Nobody has marked this note useful
Critiques | Translate
Merline (0) 2007-11-06 4:41
I like your composition with the wooden path, the curved horizon and dramatic sky, the colours and textures of the hotspots.
In my eyes, the ws is too saturated, yours is much more realistic.
- Copyright: Mark Fetzner (markfetzner) (139)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2006-06-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D), Canon 10-22 EF-S
- Exposure: f/8, 1/160 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version, Workshop
- Date Submitted: 2007-11-05 19:02