Mount Hekla in Iceland is once again rumbling, and with its recent "unusual" seismic activity, Icelandic police caution that "hiking Hekla is probably not the brightest idea..."
Here is the view from halfway up an active volcano ~ a stunning panorama of Iceland is laid out below.
The only sign of life is a small group of white tents way off in the distance (barely visible on the far left) -- where Ridley Scott and his crew were filming "Prometheus."
You can see why this landscape suited his needs ;)
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: kristin fellows (KristinsCamera) (2373)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2011-07-21
- Categories: Nature
- Exposure: f/4, 1/800 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): this is Iceland!, hikers in paradise [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-03-27 6:26