This is the Reading Room of a historic library building on the grounds of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BME), photographed with a 'historic' digital camera in 1998. The library was built in 1909 and designed by Samu Pécz, professor of architecture at the University, and it is considered to be a Gothic masterpiece. The ceiling of this 16.5 m wide hall was built without steel beams using only bricks as in the cathedrals of the middle ages. It suffered serious damages during WWII, but was restored by 1949, and still in use today, but with a less crowded seating arrangement.
Nobody has marked this note useful