Ferry below Athos, 2,033 meters high.
In ancient Greek history two fleet disasters in the area are recorded: In 492 BC Darius, the king of Persia, lost 300 ships under general Mardonius. In 411 BC the Spartans lost a fleet of 50 ships under admiral Epicleas.
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Aleksandar Dekanski (dekanski) (4057)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Color
- Date Taken: 2013-06-07
- Categories: Nature
- Camera: Sony CyberShot DSC H50
- Exposure: f/5.0, 1/1000 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Theme(s): Mount Athos - Agion Oros [view contributor(s)]
- Date Submitted: 2013-12-16 10:34