Astypalaia is the western island of Dodekanisos complex at the south-east edge of Greece.The shape of this island is similar to a butterfly.
This picture has been taken at dawn time, a few minutes before sunrise. The main town of the island surrounds the old citadel. At the far front end minor islands are visible (they are not counted as ones of the Dodekanisos complex, Dodekanisos in the greek language means 12 islands).
Nobody has marked this note useful
- Copyright: Michael Pilitsis (Olympos) (1037)
- Genre: Places
- Medium: Black & White
- Date Taken: 2007-07-23
- Categories: Castles, Nature
- Camera: Canon EOS 20D, Canon 24-70 2.8L USM
- Exposure: f/9.0, 1/40 seconds
- More Photo Info: view
- Photo Version: Original Version
- Date Submitted: 2010-07-07 22:29